Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts
  • Kaaaarlitos
  • Kaaaarlitos
  • Supports: Man Utd

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Gylfi Sigurdsson has reiterated his desire to stay with Swansea but says it is down to the club to sort a deal with Hoffenheim.

The Icelandic international took his tally to seven goals in 13 games since arriving from the German side when he bagged in the 3-0 win over Blackburn at the weekend and the Swans would love to keep him.

Sigurdsson would be happy to stay but there is plenty to sort out with Hoffenheim first, while the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United, who are both in the hunt for a goalscoring midfielder, could throw a spanner in the works.

"It is not down to me, but I am enjoying my football here," he said. "I am very happy here at the moment but I have always said that I have another couple of seasons left on my contract in Germany, so it is not entirely down to me what happens.

"I love English football so I would love to stay. This is a fantastic team and it is fantastic to play football in this league.

"Hopefully I can stay in the Premier League. It has been a fantastic time here since I signed in January."

Boss Brendan Rodgers says there have been no further talks with the German club but says they will do all they can to land him at the end of the season.

http://www.setanta.c...ay/gnid-138674/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users