Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,473 posts
  • unitedroadred
  • Fav Players: Rooney, Giggs, Scholes
  • Supports: Man Utd

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Thoughts on Triple H being champion again? Seems a bit shit but there aren't many people to give a big push to. While Roman Reigns has the look that McMahon seems to go for his mic skills let him down. If Dean Ambrose was a bigger guy, he'd be a credible option in the Randy Orton neither true heel nor face sort of maverick.

<p>Posted Image

#2222 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts
  • Fav Players: Carl Jenkinson
  • Supports: Arsenal

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:25 AM

Reigns is the guy. He's fine, he has just suffered because of the monster push the company has had to put on him. I blame the injuries more than him. He had good matches with Bryan at Fast Lane and Lesnar at Mania. There is just nobody credible for him to feud with right now. Hence, we have HHH.

Now, the 12 year old in me is hyped. I love HHH. I love the opinion he buries people, I think he gets the right heat. He's still good enough in the ring. My only small gripe is that he won the title quite fairly. I wanted a shady, cheating HHH to compensate for the years catching up with him. Anyway, he is the best of the options they had IMO and although its disappointing that the story looks straight forward in terms of him dropping it to Reigns I will give it time to see where they go. Who knows, maybe Fast Lane will have a big swerve? I doubt it but lets see.

Ambrose is good in these crazy matches like RR with Owens and his Rollins matches but I personally don't know if I would find him that interesting as champion. I think the money is in him being the guy who cant win the big one. The company obviously have huge faith in him. I think I am just in a minority who doesn't really care either way on him right now.

Also, AJ Styles Jericho would be a knockout feud if given promo's and minutes. Their match on Raw was good and I think they will get better through a series of matches.

#2223 Crocoduck

Crocoduck

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts
  • Hero:JPA
  • GhostMouth
  • Supports: Aston Villa

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

I fucking love AJ Styles' music.

H is just a layover champ until whenever he needs to give it up to someone else. Genuinely think they're gonna have someone come back from injury to challenge for it. Possibly a 4 way in the main event.

tumblr_mlyuieetmv1s7e2w4o2_500.gif

#2224 Gooner4ever316

Gooner4ever316

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:29 AM

To have Brock get screwed like that by the Wyatt's and once eliminated do absolutely nothing about it made no sense at all. Not surprised with Triple H winning the whole thing, the triple threat match at Fast Lane should be great, but seems inevitable for sure now that we are getting Triple H vs Reigns for the title and Lesnar vs Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania. I caught a glimpse by mistake of the NXT Dallas Takeover show that it happening at Wrestlemania weekend, I don't want to spoil it for anyone by sharing what the matches are going to be, but from what I saw as meant to be happening, I'm actually looking forward to it more then Wrestlemania itself. 

New Lucha Underground season 2 started last night, if anything like season 1 it should be a fun watch.

_79753611_b3c046af-c7ca-41b4-830f-a9ade7

“When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they’re celebrating – because they’re happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco, do you realise we only need a point to be Champions? And they all (were really shocked). So I said ‘Yes. Now we’re going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!'” 

Thierry Henry on winning the league at White Hart Lane!!!

1zf4n47.jpg

#2225 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

I like Lucha Undergorund but I cant binge watch them like others do. Some talented dudes there but the lucha style wears thin after a few matches for me.

Its well worth the watch though, and I am pretty WWE exclusive.

#2226 Stevemaniacs

Stevemaniacs

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,305 posts
  • Stevemanics
  • Stevemanics
  • Fav Players: Carrick

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

I want to check it out but I'm still only in late October of WWE as it is, and have only seen one episode of Tough Enough. Haven't even started Breaking Ground, is it worth it?

0221414darmian-2p.jpg8qU2myX.pngherrera-1428164663144.jpgw4fnr07_zpsb8imz8u9.pngCKOD_kTUkAAHhba.jpg

#2227 UnitedRoadRed

UnitedRoadRed

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,473 posts
  • unitedroadred

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

Reigns is the guy. He's fine, he has just suffered because of the monster push the company has had to put on him. I blame the injuries more than him. He had good matches with Bryan at Fast Lane and Lesnar at Mania. There is just nobody credible for him to feud with right now. Hence, we have HHH.

Now, the 12 year old in me is hyped. I love HHH. I love the opinion he buries people, I think he gets the right heat. He's still good enough in the ring. My only small gripe is that he won the title quite fairly. I wanted a shady, cheating HHH to compensate for the years catching up with him. Anyway, he is the best of the options they had IMO and although its disappointing that the story looks straight forward in terms of him dropping it to Reigns I will give it time to see where they go. Who knows, maybe Fast Lane will have a big swerve? I doubt it but lets see.

Ambrose is good in these crazy matches like RR with Owens and his Rollins matches but I personally don't know if I would find him that interesting as champion. I think the money is in him being the guy who cant win the big one. The company obviously have huge faith in him. I think I am just in a minority who doesn't really care either way on him right now.

Also, AJ Styles Jericho would be a knockout feud if given promo's and minutes. Their match on Raw was good and I think they will get better through a series of matches.

Legit draw sees Reigns first and HHH last? Ahem, even Fergie couldn't sort that sort of draw out.

<p>Posted Image

#2228 Gooner4ever316

Gooner4ever316

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

Legit draw sees Reigns first and HHH last? Ahem, even Fergie couldn't sort that sort of draw out.

He threw Reigns out like he was a bum. Reigns spent half of the rumble in the back, he got eliminated cleanly and next night is given an opportunity for no reason to get a shot at the belt again.

_79753611_b3c046af-c7ca-41b4-830f-a9ade7

“When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they’re celebrating – because they’re happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco, do you realise we only need a point to be Champions? And they all (were really shocked). So I said ‘Yes. Now we’re going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!'” 

Thierry Henry on winning the league at White Hart Lane!!!

1zf4n47.jpg

#2229 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Well I see what you are saying URR and I agree he stacked the deck. I just wanted them to drum home how much experience matters as oppose to physical attributes. He cant match Reigns on them and insinuating he will do whatever to win is better than just him winning like he did. Like I say though, only A small gripe. I thought it was a good rumble.

As for Reigns getting a shot, well he should be due a rematch as chmapion right? And Ambrose was second in the rumble so I get that aswell. But Brock? I guess Taker screwed him last time but he hasnt been in the picture. It makes sesne on the basis of them trying to screw Roman. He has to beat the best fighter and his best friend if he wants a shot at HHH but the plan seems illogical when you think HHH would not want to face Brock at all.

Tough Enough is watchable but could easily be condensed to half an hour. Plus is doesnt really make sense because of the cast get contracts anyway.

Breaking Ground is great. If you like NXT I cant see how you wouldnt like Breaking Ground Steve.

#2230 Stevemaniacs

Stevemaniacs

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,305 posts
  • Stevemanics
  • Stevemanics
  • Fav Players: Carrick

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

I do like NXT. I'll have to try to remember that (and Tough Enough) when I haven't got time for an episode of Raw. Ta.

Finished October so I am gradually catching up. Might be going to see 'Mania at a bar in Cardiff with a mate - one of his friends went to it last year and said it was quality - so I want to be in a position to catch up by then if possible.

0221414darmian-2p.jpg8qU2myX.pngherrera-1428164663144.jpgw4fnr07_zpsb8imz8u9.pngCKOD_kTUkAAHhba.jpg

#2231 UnitedRoadRed

UnitedRoadRed

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,473 posts
  • unitedroadred

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

Well I see what you are saying URR and I agree he stacked the deck. I just wanted them to drum home how much experience matters as oppose to physical attributes. He cant match Reigns on them and insinuating he will do whatever to win is better than just him winning like he did. Like I say though, only A small gripe. I thought it was a good rumble.

As for Reigns getting a shot, well he should be due a rematch as chmapion right? And Ambrose was second in the rumble so I get that aswell. But Brock? I guess Taker screwed him last time but he hasnt been in the picture. It makes sesne on the basis of them trying to screw Roman. He has to beat the best fighter and his best friend if he wants a shot at HHH but the plan seems illogical when you think HHH would not want to face Brock at all.

Tough Enough is watchable but could easily be condensed to half an hour. Plus is doesnt really make sense because of the cast get contracts anyway.

Breaking Ground is great. If you like NXT I cant see how you wouldnt like Breaking Ground Steve.

I agree with you, It's just more of a heel thing to defend it with filth than win it with filth (if you're already a heel - some heel moves occur with belt wins through filth, I admit). Could there potentially be some mileage in him ending up feuding with a face-turned Rollins? I've binned Sky Sports off so I'm not quite up to date.

<p>Posted Image

#2232 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

Rollins is out until summer earliest. I think they will have a feud at some point but dunno if the title will be involved. I think HHH only has the belt due to all the injuries.

Rollins will have to come back face but I want him to be a heel long term. Then again, all 3 of the Shield guys could flip either way and I'd be fine with it.

#2233 merrington

merrington

Non-league

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • gooner show ya
  • Fav Players: Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

My childhood hero Bret Hart has just announced he has prostate cancer, of all the people who could potentially pass away from the business this would be right up there with losing The Rock to me. Hopefully he gets better soon.

Fuck!

#2234 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,481 posts
  • HJKettle
  • HJKettle (PS4)
  • Supports: Wolves

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

Gutted to hear about Bret, seems the Harts never have any luck. Wish him the best in his recovery.

Gonna be posting my newest video soon analysing the Rumble.

Posted Image

#2235 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,481 posts
  • HJKettle
  • HJKettle (PS4)

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

Please ignore the potato-esque quality.

Posted Image

#2236 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,481 posts
  • HJKettle
  • HJKettle (PS4)

Posted Yesterday, 03:48 PM

Raw was shit, here is why.

Posted Image

#2237 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Yeah Raw was shit.

The booking of Reigns is very disappointing right now. Atleast Kalisto is making a good go of his Solo run. I love that guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users