FC_Norwich

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,961 posts
  • Fav Players: Gunn, Drury, Huckerby, Holt
  • Supports: Norwich City

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

Big Show v Shaq at Wrestlemania. What is this shit?

• Harry likes this

#2762 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts
  • HJKettle
  • Supports: Wolves

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

Big Show v Shaq at Wrestlemania. What is this shit?

Yeah, it's a thing.

ftBZNpn.gif

#2763 Crocoduck

Crocoduck

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
  • Hero:JPA
  • GhostMouth
  • Supports: Aston Villa

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

Saw progress night before new year's. Was good.

I still find British indie wrestling to be a bit shit and amateurish but I'm enjoying the shows

tumblr_o5853mAmjH1rmv1vdo1_540.gif

#2764 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts
  • HJKettle

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:05 PM

Mania Rewind #1 - WrestleMania 17

Listen to us talk about how fabulous WM17 was xo

• merrington likes this

ftBZNpn.gif

#2765 merrington

merrington

The Football League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • gooner show ya
  • Fav Players: Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry
  • Supports: Arsenal

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

I haven't listened but had to give it a like, Wretlemania 17 was great from start to finish.
  • Harry likes this

#2766 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts
  • Fav Players: Carl Jenkinson

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

Just watched wrestle Kingdom 11. My first ever New Japan PPV I have watched. Thought it was great.

I'll do a semi proper review soon but Okada is vastly over-rated in my opinion. I need to watch more of him. Melzer gave this match 6 stars like a nerd but I honestly dont get it. Omega is great but the match was weird.

#2767 Crocoduck

Crocoduck

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
  • GhostMouth

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

I'm going to rainmaker your balls.

#2768 Crocoduck

Crocoduck

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
  • GhostMouth

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

Any opinions on the World of Sport?

Zach Gibson is easily one of the best heels in the world. Utter heat magnet. Just a shame he didn't wear his Liverpool shirt.

#2769 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts
  • HJKettle

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Meltzer is cock hungry for Japan.

Thought WOS was decent for what it was, would be interested to see more of it.

ftBZNpn.gif

#2770 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

WoS was fine. It was a smart little episode that did all it could to try and make it work. I'd like to see a bit more.

I think alot of people rating the Okada-Omega match might have watched it in isolation? I was knackered by the time it finally got to that match and the card isn't structured like a WWE one so it's all the big hitters in a row.

#2771 Crocoduck

Crocoduck

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,420 posts
  • GhostMouth

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

I watched it with a group and loved it. I can understand why people don't as much but that match was gorgeous

#2772 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

Ok. So I'll add a bit more depth as to my views on this Wrestle Kingdom 11 card.

I really liked the Battle Royal. I didn't know or recognize hardly any of the Japanese dudes even though I'm sure there are some legends in there. Billy Gunn looked Huge! Was a really fun opener.

The Tiger Mask match was also very fun. I knew both dudes in this one. Thought it was a smart match.

I don't know who Roppongi Vice are but this match with The Young Bucks was fine.

The Six Man match was bonkers! I loved that. The best team won. Bushi, Sanada and Evil have it all between them for a 6 man team. Every match is improved by green mist. The Finlay, Ricochet,Kojima team seemed a mis match. I really like Ricochet like everyone does. Finlay looks cool. The Bullet Club team MVP was Page. The other 2 were servicable. The Big lump Fale and Godfather Knock Off Takahashi.Was suprised how much I liked Osprey in this match. Whenever I have seen the guy or been recommended matches it has left me cold but maybe its the fact he just tagged in did all his flips and then tagged out again but I loved watching him here.

Cody Rhodes match was good. I like Juice Robinson. It seems bizarre to me that Cody was used so inneffectively but I guess his time is to come. Was dissapointed not more of a deal was made of him on the show.

The ROH match felt really short. A good match and Adam Cole is great but O'Reilly has only had the belt like a month and ROH are known for long title reigns so I find it weird.

The 3 way tag match was good. Nothing to write home about but it was fine. Ishiiis a monster and it seemed weird he was stuck here instead of in a singles match but I know so little about New Japan I'm not going to pretend I know how to book their talent.

The last 4 matches all felt like a huge deal. Like I said in my other post I find it weird that New Japan stagger their PPV like this as I'm conditioned to have cool down matches on most cards. This KushidaVs Takahashi match was maybe my favouite match. The dive into an arm bar spot was beautiful and the dive Takahashi did to the outside where he just landed hard on his back was insane. This felt like a huge deal and both guys just went for it. I loved it. The moment when Kushida just leathered Takahashi with a solid punch was great because it showed how he was getting under his skin to the point where he was dishonouring himself. Superb.

The Shibata Vs Goto match was almost equally as impressive in my opinion. Shibata might be the best no seller I have seen. The match had a great story and the commentary filled me in as an outsider superbly. I might not have even needed the commentary though as this match felt like a grudge match and Goto trying to prove to Shibata he's the real deal with Shibata pushing him to go harder all the time. Fantastic story here. As were all the main events really.

Naito Vs Tanahashi was great aswell. Naito was so villanous and him making the ref have to break the legs of his submission because he refused was such a dick move. I love that. Love Tanahashi getting all worked up and acting like a heel to try and win aswell. Great match.

So the main event. Now, as I said before I'm just not sold on this as the wrestling clinic it is being portrayed as. It was just so long and came after 5 hours of wrestling already. I guess its the style of this product though. The last 10/15 mins were brilliant. No doubt. But, it felt like such an effort getting there. Omega might be the best single individual in the company based on this one card. Everything he did made sense and his constant battle to stay toe to toe with Okada in the closing stages whilst throwing wild knees was fantastic. There were alot of dodgy neck spots that didnt look healthy. Okada just does his bits and they are fine. He reminds me of what people say Roman Reigns is like. A guy who New Japan shove down the fans throats, He has 5 moves. His match quality depends on who he is in the ring with. Harsh? Probably. I just expected a Wrestling God after what I have been reading about him but in truth Omega seemed to be the one deserving of that title.

It was fun watching a Non WWE product and I would 100% dive into New Japan again. Whatever critisms I have didnt effect my enjoyment of it. There wasnt a bad match on the card and there were 4 or 5 outstanding matches by most standards. I get the hype.

Edited by The Opinion, 08 January 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#2773 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,046 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Who watched the UK tournament then?

Pete Dunne killed it. They made him look a star. Tyler Bate got a good rub aswell. Happy for him.

A few good matches, particulaly Dunne/Mandrews but overall I dont think this will convince anyone but hardcore and British fans to keep watching.

Of the 4 other people I know who watched it none are particulaly familliar with the UK stars and none of them liked the tournament.

#2774 Rosberg

Rosberg

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,413 posts
  • Hero:Maik Taylor
  • Cravera
  • Supports: Birmingham

Posted Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Kurt Angle going into the WWE Hall Of Fame. Fully deserved.

#2775 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts
  • HJKettle

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

WWE tourne was decent, not a massive Tyler Bate fan but it was a nice moment I suppose.

But more importantly - OH IT'S TRUE.

ftBZNpn.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users