Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,202 posts
  • HJKettle
  • HKBoxBoy
  • Supports: Wolves

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

Didn't get Bryan going out early other than shock factor but the reaction was always going to be how it was.

The way Wyatt, Ziggler and Ambrose went out was as though they had taken a beating. At least with Wyatt he had been in the match for quite some time but Ziggler and Mabrose were both relatively fresh and it made them look so weak. To top it off it was Kane and Big Show who have tried and failed on many occasions to be the giant mega monster type character it was pointless for them to be running through everyone again other than to make Reigns look very strange and build him which he is already at that point anyway.

It would have been so good to see Reigns, Ambrose, Ziggler and Bryan last 4 going at it for a while with close call eliminations. If Reigns wins it that way it's not so bad because you won't get the crowd work themselves up for ages constantly booing Reigns with Bryan still in there.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

#1842 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,521 posts
  • Fav Players: Carl Jenkinson
  • Supports: Arsenal

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

I loved Bryan going out early. Gave Wyatt heat (which he struggles to get) and they then did the Dust Brothers thing straight after to get the crowd onside.

It would of worked if they had gone for better monsters than Kane and Show.

I'm not having anyone is looking forward to Lesnar -Reigns anywhere near as much as about 100 different matches they could of put on. I want to like Reigns but he isn't there yet. Shame his moment got spoiled.

#1843 Tossburger

Tossburger

The Football League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,715 posts
  • Hero:Maik Taylor
  • vrosberg
  • Fav Players: Mitch Hancox, Wes Thomas, Paul Robinson.
  • Supports: Birmingham

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

The same thing happened to Batista last year when he won the Royal Rumble. No one wanted him to win and no one wanted Reigns to win. It's a shame on both because I do like both of them.

ForzaJules-620x330.jpg

#1844 Are you Shaw?

Are you Shaw?

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,031 posts
  • Fav Players: Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, David Beckham
  • Supports: Man Utd

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

It made Ziggler look awful the way he was eliminated. Was really expecting him to be one of the final three. Absolutely no point of having Kane and Big Show as two of the final four, don't really see them as being relevant anymore.

Genuinely didn't know who was going to win it this year for the first time in ages. Having say Reigns, Bryan, Ziggler and say Wyatt or Ambrose would have made it so unpredictable. Found it awkward the way that they brought The Rock out to try and get some cheers for Reigns.

Where the fuck was Orton? Apparently he was backstage in his attire and ready, would've had him come in 100%.

Raw cancelled tonight, being ran from WWE HQ with possibly no matches as there isn't a ring set up there and half the roster snowed in in hotels :lol:

1410710470161_lc_galleryImage_14th_Septe

#1845 Gooner4ever316

Gooner4ever316

The Football League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:35 AM

Reigns was the guy six months ago, but he has been booked so bad, you saw last night the end result. I don't see unless they do something unbelievable before Wrestlemania, have  a one on one match between Lesnar and Reigns. They even bought The Rock in at the end to save Reigns and it still didn't come anywhere close to salvaging the situation. The second half of the Rumble match itself was dreadful, worst I can ever remember. Ziggler, Ambrose and Wyatt going out like little kids at the hands of Big Show and Kane, the way Reigns eliminated the pair two was awful. The triple threat match was great, saved the show.

Due to the impending blizzard in the Northeast and statewide travel bans, WWE has postponed tonight's live event in Hartford and cancelled tomorrow night's live event in Boston; however, WWE will emanate live tonight at 8 p.m. ET from its studios in the Stamford world headquarters.

Hmmmmm, this should be interesting, can't be any worse than last night.

_79753611_b3c046af-c7ca-41b4-830f-a9ade7

“When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they’re celebrating – because they’re happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco, do you realise we only need a point to be Champions? And they all (were really shocked). So I said ‘Yes. Now we’re going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!'” 

Thierry Henry on winning the league at White Hart Lane!!!

1zf4n47.jpg

#1846 Ashy

Ashy

Alcohol Enthusiast

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • @Ashy10
  • Fav Players: Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia, Riquelme, Totti, Del Piero
  • Supports: Liverpool

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Curtis Axel is the real Rumble winner, never got sent over the top rope!! :P ;)

Sheldon-Cooper-GIFS.gif

#1847 UnitedRoadRed

UnitedRoadRed

Premier League

• Admin
  • 14,948 posts
  • unitedroadred
  • Fav Players: Rooney, Giggs, Scholes

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Curtis Axel is the real Rumble winner, never got sent over the top rope!! :P ;)

Needs to take over his dad's perfect-plex.

Bm-1sJaCQAEmOOC.jpg

#1848 UnitedRoadRed

UnitedRoadRed

Premier League

• Admin
  • 14,948 posts
  • unitedroadred
  • Fav Players: Rooney, Giggs, Scholes

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

Some great memories on this vid - Jeff Hardy, nothing but respect for the way he put his body on the line. Plenty of other nutters too :D

Bm-1sJaCQAEmOOC.jpg

#1849 Tossburger

Tossburger

The Football League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,715 posts
  • Hero:Maik Taylor
  • vrosberg
  • Fav Players: Mitch Hancox, Wes Thomas, Paul Robinson.
  • Supports: Birmingham

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

He still is taking risks but in another company called TNA. Shit company though.

ForzaJules-620x330.jpg

#1850 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,202 posts
  • HJKettle
  • HKBoxBoy

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 PM

To say I've binge watched the Network over the last 48 hours is an understatement. I've watched Mania 30, 12 episodes of the Monday Night Wars, the Heyman and Punk documentaries and a few of the Countdown shows. It's so good.

WWE announced today that they were making February free for new users which irritated me as the UK should've got a month free too, but then I got an email through saying that all UK users, including myself, get the month free too to thank us for our patience. All is forgiven, Vince.

#1851 Harry

Harry

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,202 posts
  • HJKettle
  • HKBoxBoy

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 PM

Also, they knocked Raw out of the park on Monday. The snowstorm was a blessing in disguise and the sit-down interviews were all really top notch. Bryan's was probably the weakest but only because nobody gives a shit about Kane anymore, meanwhile the Reigns-Lesnar stuff was really great with both guys holding their own under the direction of the magnificent Paul Heyman. That was exactly the show they needed after the Rumble.

#1852 The Opinion

The Opinion

Yeah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,521 posts
  • Fav Players: Carl Jenkinson
  • Supports: Arsenal

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Agreed with Raw. It's just nice not to sit through the same set of matches for a change and get some old school story development.

• Harry likes this

#1853 Stevephonics

Stevephonics

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,020 posts
  • Stevemanics
  • Stevemanics
  • Fav Players: Carrick, De Gea, Rafael, Van Persie, Mata, Di Maria

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

To say I've binge watched the Network over the last 48 hours is an understatement. I've watched Mania 30, 12 episodes of the Monday Night Wars, the Heyman and Punk documentaries and a few of the Countdown shows. It's so good.

I'm watching that at the moment.

carrick_zpsfd44e3e9.pngMinion-David-De-Gea-150x150.jpgMataampRVP_zps34b9f981.png                                                                  manchester_united_s_new_players_radamel_Hvfi3dL_zpsfe5395a0.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users