• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts
  • Hero:Salomon Kalou
  • Fav Players: Samuelle Dalla Bona
  • Supports: Chelsea

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Anyone got/getting it? Came out today.

Been playing it for a while this afternoon, its been good but takes a while to get going though the opening cutscenes and early basic follow-the-path mission.

Posted Image

#2 David1

David1

No Surrender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • Supports: Rangers

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Yeah, been loving it so far. The start is extremely bleak and depressing and, to be perfectly honest, I found myself thinking if it stayed like this I wouldn't be finishing the game. The scenery does perk up a bit though. The island looks huge at first but it's really not once you get into the game. You get all your guns and weapons fairly quickly too.

Kraven90.png

#3 Drai

Drai

IM GONNA FUCK YOU UP

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Hero:Vigilantes
  • Fav Players: Hernandez, Park, Ole, Ron Fearon, Bibbo, RVP
  • Supports: Man Utd

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Anyone got/getting it? Came out today.

Been playing it for a while this afternoon, its been good but takes a while to get going though the opening cutscenes and early basic follow-the-path mission.

How much did you pay for it Sam?

I ask because is it me or do Square Enix game prices plummet, can get Tomb Raider for £25 off Amazon, Hitman is down to £12 brand new now. 

I know Square Enix are having problems but from reading reviews of some of their games and owning 1 in Hitman they aren't bad games.

NrN2hvg.png

#4 David1

David1

No Surrender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • Supports: Rangers

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Sales for Tomb Raider were well below expectation from what I've read, that may have sparked the price drop.

Kraven90.png

#5 LFC4EVA

LFC4EVA

The Justice League

• Admin
  • 3,394 posts
  • Fav Players: George Berry, Stig Inge Bjornebye and Terry Phelan
  • Supports: Liverpool

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

I'm about an hour into the game and I'm still not sure what it's trying to be. There doesn't seem to be any set game play. One minute you're in a Tomb solving puzzles Lara Croft style, next you're shuffling through the jungle to avoid wolves like a ninja, then you're solid snake trying not to be spotted, ducking behind walls. I thought the tips were just an intro but they seem to be going throughout so far. it's a bit like playing a game with a walkthrough included.

Not what i'd expect from a Tomb Raider title.

Suppose anyone who remembers the feeling you got when that T-Rex came around the corner in the first Tomb Raider is gonna be disappointed with this one.

£NOUGH IS £NOUGH - AGAINST MOD£RN FOOTBALL

#6 SamCFC

SamCFC

I like turtles

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts
  • Hero:Salomon Kalou
  • Fav Players: Samuelle Dalla Bona
  • Supports: Chelsea

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm about an hour into the game and I'm still not sure what it's trying to be. There doesn't seem to be any set game play. One minute you're in a Tomb solving puzzles Lara Croft style, next you're shuffling through the jungle to avoid wolves like a ninja, then you're solid snake trying not to be spotted, ducking behind walls. I thought the tips were just an intro but they seem to be going throughout so far. it's a bit like playing a game with a walkthrough included.

Not what i'd expect from a Tomb Raider title.

Suppose anyone who remembers the feeling you got when that T-Rex came around the corner in the first Tomb Raider is gonna be disappointed with this one.

Agree. Theres lots of many games they've tried to incorporate into one and not made one bit excellent. The only times you're mentally challenged is the tombs while you work out what to do. As you get further into the game most of the sneaking about disapears and it descends into a shoot-em-up.

That said it was quite enjoyable to play, just lacking something.

Posted Image

#7 NotSoSpecialOne

NotSoSpecialOne

Would yo like to play my didgeridoo

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,837 posts
  • Fav Players: Storts, Ronaldo, Ronaldino, Cahill, Ibra
  • Supports: Pottsville Beach Football Club

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

On sale at Greenmangaming, steam version (roughly same price as Amazon).

Tryin' real hard to resist buying it.

behold-the-field-in-which-i-grow-my-fuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users