Harry

Which other sports do you enjoy?

Other Sports Question  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What other sports do you watch/enjoy?

It can be playing or watching - which sports other than football do you enjoy?

Boxing is my second sport (to watch), can't really go to work after getting a good twatting every week.

Also like cricket, to watch and play.

After that, I think every sport is pretty much shite, especially tennis and rugby. American Football is by far the worst of them all, Bowls is better.

I'm a bit of a sports whore but in terms of things I'll regularly watch/do, American football, MMA, athletics & wrestling. Last one isn't really a 'sport' but I threw it in because there's a few fans on here.

Basketball. Shame most of the games are on during the night. 

Golf but only playing. 

Forgot to tick boxing aswell. 

Cricket and Rugby can fuck off. Sports that only have fans for a tournament (6 nations & the ashes) then most of them fuck off again. Same with tennis with Wimbledon. 

Yeah. I don't watch any other sports apart from wrestling, which is obviously in a grey area.

I use to enjoy playing /watching cricket but that's died down now.

I like a game of squash or tennis but haven't played in years. Dull to watch. 

Watch a lot of boxing and occasionally MMA. Used to watch a lot of wrestling but not so much these days but do like to keep up with what's going on online and currently have the WWE network although that's because it was free for 3 months.

Love darts and snooker, used to play quite a bit of snooker but it's bloody hard and I've not got the patience for it. Love the F1 and have done since I was really young.

None now.

Used to enjoy F1 from the early 90s up until around 2008. After that for me it became fucking shit and at the moment its awful. I put it on par with the early 2000's when Schumacher pretty much won every race. Its at a point now where i don't give a flying fuck if i never see it again.

Used to also enjoy Wrestling back in the 90's/early 2000's. My interest in it dropped when Viscera was released around 2000, it was also around that time Undertaker and Stone Cold got injured long term. So HHH, Jericho and Rock were pushed more, after that i kinda got fed up of it. I caught a bit of it in 2004 when Viscera returned with Gangrel and attacked Undertaker then that was it. What i've seen of it since has been awful. 

BTTC was another, 90's were its heyday. Soon as all the manufacturers started to leave, biggest for me being Volvo then my interest dropped in it. These days its shit.

MMA is my second sport, fell in love with it when I watched Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida back in 2009 (I think it was).

I've loved the wrestling since I was a kid, (child of the attitude era) and it was just a fantastic time to be a fan of it.  Although I keep up with what's happening now, I mainly satisfy my love of it through podcasts. Bischoff's is great, as are JR's, Austin's etc. 

I've always liked golf - although that's moving towards playing from watching it so much now. There's too much of it on the telly imo. 

I play squash once or twice a week and run the rest of the time, but couldn't be fucked watching them on the box. 

3 hours ago, Prince_Philippe_of_Albert said:

MMA is my second sport, fell in love with it when I watched Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida back in 2009 (I think it was).

I've loved the wrestling since I was a kid, (child of the attitude era) and it was just a fantastic time to be a fan of it.  Although I keep up with what's happening now, I mainly satisfy my love of it through podcasts. Bischoff's is great, as are JR's, Austin's etc. 

I've always liked golf - although that's moving towards playing from watching it so much now. There's too much of it on the telly imo. 

I play squash once or twice a week and run the rest of the time, but couldn't be fucked watching them on the box. 

Sanchez is such a don.

• Like 1

In additional to football (soccer), I watch American football. I also watch and play hurling and Gaelic football.

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sanchez is such a don.

Love him. It's left him behind a bit in recent years but he'll always be one of the most entertaining fighters in MMA history.

• Like 2

I used to watch nearly all of them - almost any sport on TV would be put on - but these days the only ones (other than football) that I watch with any sort of regularity are F1, BTCC and WWE. I still watch the rest occasionally but not often.

F1 has improved a lot in recent years but is definitely still worse than it was 15-20 years ago. BTCC, as Drai said, was better when there were more manufacturers but it's by no means shit. I'd go as far as saying it's the most exciting form of racing on TV these days.

In terms of playing, I still sometimes play indoor cricket but it clashes with one of my football nights now so it's rare. I enjoy tennis but never get to play it, like the odd bit of golf but haven't been out on the course for probably a couple of years now, and love pool/snooker but again rarely get a chance to play it anymore. Darts is alright as well but I'm utter shit at it.

Have you seen that handball shit they play in Europe?

They like their Handball shit over here, maybe that's why Henry was so good at it against Ireland years ago.

They often stick live handball on the tele here.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chester A. Arthur said:

They like their Handball shit over here, maybe that's why Henry was so good at it against Ireland years ago.

Yeah, first time I saw it we were taking the piss out of some French lads who were watching it in Amsterdam. Kept calling it a girl sport and they were fuming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, el_sf-io said:

Have you seen that handball shit they play in Europe?

We made up our version of it at primary school - not knowing it was an actual sport that existed - after football got banned during breaks because a teacher got hit by a netball... yeah, go figure.

One of the worst sports to be televised must be lawn bowls.

I think i'd prefer watching a dog take a shit for 2 hours.

1 hour ago, Chester A. Arthur said:

Too soon!!

Hurling is my main sport. Played it growing up, and am back playing it now.

Football is my 2ND sport, but I don't actually play, except for the odd 5 a side.

I watch a few Gaelic Football and rugby matches every year.

I don't consider darts a sport.

Tennis & Cricket

On 1/23/2018 at 2:28 PM, Nugget said:

Too soon!!

Hurling is my main sport. Played it growing up, and am back playing it now.

Football is my 2ND sport, but I don't actually play, except for the odd 5 a side.

I watch a few Gaelic Football and rugby matches every year.

I don't consider darts a sport.

Football is 2nd over Gaelic football? Just never got into it?

On 11/02/2018 at 1:17 AM, ArteEtLabore14 said:

Football is 2nd over Gaelic football? Just never got into it?

Ya, I used to really enjoy Gaelic Football when I was younger. And it still has its moments, but I wouldn't watch it week to week. Just not for me.