Sign in to follow this  
el_sf-io

February 2017/18 - Matchday Thread

Hull at home on Saturday, got to be beating them FFS.

If Cunningham is fit then he plays, other than that, same team for me unless AN fancies a more physical option up front in Moult/ Hugill (if he's still here), although that's harsh as Robinson supposedly did a brilliant job leading the line last night.

Rudd

Fisher, Clarke, Huntington, Cunningham

Browne, Pearson, Gallagher

Bodin, Robinson, Barkhuzien

Maxwell, Woods, Spurr, Johnson, Harrop, Moult, Hugill

Burton at home Saturday. They’re bottom and we beat them 4-0 away so we simply must not slip up here. I’d go unchanged but could see one of Onomah/Tuanzebe coming into midfield replacing Hourihane. Grabban on the bench and hopefully Green too.

Johnstone, Hutton, Terry, Chester, Elmohamady, Bjarnason, Hourihane, Adomah, Grealish, Snodgrass, Hogan.

Should be a win but I never like to let my guard down too much with this club, got to be confident though.

Edited by A.V.F.C

We need to pay attention to Bristol fucking up tonight, we need to be on it tomorrow, last thing we want is to waste all that good work by not beating Burton. Darren up front as well.

I fancy Birmingham and Villa to both win today.

That sets up next Sunday's derby very nicely.

Sheffield Wednesday away today.

After beating Sunderland on Tuesday, we will be going into this match with some confidence. However we are without one of Jacques Maghoma or David Davis, Maghoma has a groin injury while Davis has a thigh injury, one is rated 50/50 and the other is out, Steve Cotterill isn't saying who, so it looks like Craig Gardner and Che Adams will start.

Stockdale; Colin, Roberts, Dean, Grounds; Gardner, N'Doye, Kieftenbeld; Boga, Gallagher, Adams

Subs; Trueman, Morrison, Jenkinson, Bramall, Lowe, Jota, Jutkiewicz

3 hours ago, Rosberg said:

Sheffield Wednesday away today.

After beating Sunderland on Tuesday, we will be going into this match with some confidence. However we are without one of Jacques Maghoma or David Davis, Maghoma has a groin injury while Davis has a thigh injury, one is rated 50/50 and the other is out, Steve Cotterill isn't saying who, so it looks like Craig Gardner and Che Adams will start.

Stockdale; Colin, Roberts, Dean, Grounds; Gardner, N'Doye, Kieftenbeld; Boga, Gallagher, Adams

Subs; Trueman, Morrison, Jenkinson, Bramall, Lowe, Jota, Jutkiewicz

I heard Jota was starting today.

He needs to step it up somewhat.

Did enough to get the win without putting in a classic performance, not sure if it was penalty for us, looked like a dive from the Town End but the Hull fans didn't seem to kick off about it and it was right in front of them. 

Pearson and Fisher the stand out players and Robinson did pretty well up front again. Not sure on Rudd to be honest, doesn't command his area anywhere near as well as Maxwell.

Got three really tough games coming up now, so needed the 6pts against shit like Hull and Forest.

They came and played with zero pressure and at times they gave us real problems but we’ve got over the line and got our 6th league win on the bounce. Hogan scores another goal but it was all about the supply line today. Snodgrass was quality and Jack just consistently  putting in really good showings. So glad he got his goal today. Adomah back in the goals with his 13th today and his best tally yet.

I’m happy, we got to see Tuanzebe and he looks a good player and Grabban will be on the bench next week ready to be a headline maker in the big one. Got to keep going, game by game.

Next up, Birmingham!

Edited by A.V.F.C

Nice win for Birmingham today with Jota finally turning the style on.

Wednesday finished with nine men, but to be fair all of the damage was done by us before that.

Started to climb the league. I reckon four more wins will keep us up.

13 points from the last 18. Things are looking better.

10 hours ago, Jam Tart said:

I heard Jota was starting today.

He needs to step it up somewhat.

At first I was nervous seeing Jota first but I'm glad he scored two goals. 

Such a great win but the down side was Grounds getting injured.

That Jota goal doesn't get any worse for a keeper, his confidence must be on the floor now.

Westwood injured? One of the best, if not the best keeper in the division for me.

Jota wasn't in any form before the match and now he has two goals to his name he will going into matches with more confidence, Wildsmith should've saved the first shot.

As for Westwood, I think he is injured, pretty sure he came back from an injury and got another one.

The big one next week, think minimal changes to the team but big changes to the bench, we’ve had some important players come back to fitness.

So much debate amongst fans of who to bring in but for me it’s an obvious change, Hourihane has had a good season but I’d like Onomah to come in for him alongside Bjarnason. I’m really nervous I keep picturing a Jota/Gallagher combination win, but we’re on amazing form and we should be able to do this. 

Johnsone, Hutton, Terry, Chester, Elmo, Onomah, Bjarnason, Adomah, Grealish, Snodgrass, Hogan.

Green back, Grabban on bench, and Jedinak has been a monster in this fixture. Lots of options. Both on good form.

For years this fixture has been televised based on some brilliant games and drama, but last few have been games only a fan of one of the teams could appreciate. I think I this one will be a good one.

Gut says Birmingham sadly, but heart says we’ll make it 7 in a row ahead of Fulham game and Grabban to come on and score winner. That’s what I’ll be putting 40 quid on! 

Brentford away, usually wouldn't fancy us at all here but their best striker is off to China and Canos is suspended. Still a tough game, especially as we won't have Pearson but I think we could maybe grind out a result if we score first.

Need to play Browne deeper in this one and ask him to protect the defence, not sure Welsh has the legs to handle Brentford's quick midfield. Think the front three will be unchanged, although Moult is pushing for a start.

Rudd

Fisher, Clarke, Huntington, Cunningham

Gallagher, Browne, Johnson

Bodin, Robinson, Barkhuizen

Need to keep the pressure up with 3pts but i'm not confident.

Steve Bruce lost his father. For once I’ll put personal feeling aside and give him a really good reception on Sun, as I’m sure everyone will. We were aware as a fanbase that there was severe illness in the family as the assistant manager Colin Calderwood had taken on more first team duties and all media duties.

Agbonlahor is going to be on the bench for this one! Surely surely not again. I’m lumping on it!

27 minutes ago, A.V.F.C said:

Agbonlahor is going to be on the bench for this one! Surely surely not again. I’m lumping on it!

Don't waste your dough.

Gabby couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat these days...

Edited by Jam Tart

Well he managed it against you last season and that was when he was half dead 

Sean Maguire ahead of schedule, how we have missed this guy.

Sean Maguire looks set to be available in time to win his second senior cap for the Republic of Ireland in next month’s friendly against Turkey.

“The recovery is actually going brilliantly,” Maguire told The42. “Next week I’ll start with a bit of light training and the week after I’ll hopefully be fully training. All going well, I’ll be in contention for selection in about three weeks.

“I’m feeling really strong now. It’s just about getting the fitness back up. It’s gone better than I expected. I’m a couple of weeks ahead of schedule already, which I’m obviously delighted with.”

Don't want to rush him but it would be great if he could make the bench for Bolton away.

Bricking myself ahead of the Derby.

Aston Villa being in top form and we are doing quite well, Steve Bruce winning the manager of the month award so only going one way.

We do have some selection issues with Jonathan Grounds being out and we have three players who could start at left back in Maxime Colin, Cohen Bramall and Carl Jenkinson.

Starting Colin at left back would be the most obvious choice seeing as he did play at left back under Harry Redknapp and did a good job of it but much better at right back. Carl Jenkinson is more suited at right back but his experience in huge derbies could favour him to start at right back with Colin at left back. Cohen Bramall is more of a wing back rather than full back so that worries me when Robert Snodgrass and Alan fucking Hutton attack him and Jeremie Boga so for me it has to be Colin at left back and Jenkinson at right back.

Stockdale; Jenkinson, Roberts, Dean, Colin; Kieftenbeld, N'Doye; Maghoma, Davis, Boga; Gallagher

Subs; Trueman, Morrison, Bramall, Lowe, Gardner, Jota, Adams

Head is going for a loss but heart is going for a 2-1 win to us. Let's go for heart.

Was hoping Bristol City might slip up until I saw that they were playing fucking Sunderland at home.

Warnock was fuming over the referee's decision to give a free kick instead of a goal and so he should be. I understand head injuries can be a serious issue but it was just a collision and the referee focused on the ball.

On 09/02/2018 at 12:22 PM, el_sf-io said:

Was hoping Bristol City might slip up until I saw that they were playing fucking Sunderland at home.

Still did, silly cunts!