xDanny

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
  • Supports: Man Utd

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

I feel like Storts in the Super League.

Jozefzoon, Narsingh, Depay, Bakkali and Schalk all injured.

And now Adam Maher for 2 months..

MdfC76k.png

#7382 xDanny

xDanny

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

And now Adam Maher for 2 months..

Add Jozefzoon & Hiljemark to the injury list.

Narsingh is just returning.

MdfC76k.png

#7383 Tim

Tim

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,560 posts
  • Supports: River Plate

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Reloaded the game until I got the youth players I wanted and then went on holiday until the end of the season. I've played with Southampton about 2 million times and always finished around and about 8th, but this time I somehow finished 4th. Sounds good, but it's fucked me up big time because nobody will buy my players! 

Europa League is fine, I've qualified for that a couple of times and still manage to sell the same players for the same amounts to the same teams, but even when I try to shift them cheaper no one wants them.

Hate this game.

Edited by Tim, 04 March 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#7384 SamCFC

SamCFC

(Not the Polish or Canadian one)

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts
  • Hero:A mix of Kalou and Mario Stanic
  • Fav Players: Lampard, JT, Zola, Hasselbaink, Drogba, Oscar
  • Supports: Chelsea

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Loving the Valencia save. Probably my favourite so far on this FM. Just got to January, 3rd in the league, Barca are running away with it but I wasn't really aiming for the league this season. This tactic I'm using is fun, free scoring football, averaging over 3 goals per game, the thing that is letting me down was the poor defence and getting caught on the break too much so very rarely getting a clean sheet. Beating Real Madrid 6-1 is the highlight so far, and coming back from 3 down to beat Malaga 5-3 away.

The Simone Pepe loan was a masterstroke, most assists in the league and second highest average rating behind Messi, 14 goals and 12 assists in 22 games, will definitely be signing him in the summer. Jonas upfront has scored the same amount as Messi too. Young lad at LB called Bernat is bloody brilliant too, only 19 and had been one of my best players with his bombing up the wing.

The only player who was letting me down was Joao Perriera at RB, poor ratings and there was a few clubs sniffing so I sold him for 5m and signed Callum Chambers as his long term replacement. My captain Ricardo Costa was having a good season at CB, until he got sent off so I warned him, next game he gets sent off straight away so I fine him 2 weeks wages and he kicks up a fuss, sold the cunt. Sold Jeremy Mattieu too and cobbled enough money to replace the pair with Davide Astori and Nacho (some lad from Real Madrid, looks decent).

The clubs finances are really odd though, they're in mental amounts of debt (200m) but listed as 'rich', and have a balance of 70m which is just sitting there as I break even each month, could pay off some of the debt with that but they keep giving me more for my transfer budget  :huh:. Should make over 50m too in the summer from player sales; got Rami, Otamendi, Banega, Cissoko, Postiga, Guardardo and Pabon all out on loan, who I'm going to flog when they get back.

Lampard-Mourinho.jpg

#7385 xDanny

xDanny

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Anyone noticed that Donis Avdijaj for Schalke? Never heard of him but just started a save with them and he looks like a gem.

10dwfo5.jpg

MdfC76k.png

#7386 Cameroon

Cameroon

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Finished my third season with Brighton in 4th position with 65 points. Nine points ahead of 5th place in the end so it was quite comfortable. Didn't think we would be getting into the Champions League this early, but there will still be two games to qualify for the group stages next season.

It's mainly been about having a solid defence. Most of the season it's been Kane, Koulibaly, Van Dijk and Wallace but Lell and Angella have done well when called upon. Signed Laird as back up left back, played two games and he was awful. My keeper Ronnow has been great, 16 clean sheets, second best in the league. Central midfielders have been excellent - Crofts, Bridcutt, Karacan mainly. Signed Guilavogui last summer, but he's had a couple injuries so hasn't done as well as he could.

Attack wise my best three have been Buckley, Ulloa (17 goals) and Ferreira Carrasco. The latter is just on loan but want to sign him in the summer even if he'll be expensive, he's perfect for the inside forward role on the left. Also signed Knockaert last summer but he's been disappointing, no goals and 3 assists in the league. Might need to bulk the squad up a bit in the summer, just had 21 players this year, 4 of them were on loan.

Oh yeah and I'm manager of the season. ^_^

Edited by Cameroon, 14 March 2014 - 11:06 AM.

chelsea-champions-of-europe.jpg

#7387 McFred

McFred

Did You Smash It?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Hero:Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
  • NonleadedOrc114
  • Fav Players: Peter Schmeichel, Harry Gregg, Paul Scholes, Jaap Stam, Eric Cantona

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:06 AM

In November of my second season with Oldham, won the league at a canter last season due to loaning John Guidetti (who was a fucking beast) and Thorgan Hazard (who I signed when I got promoted). Top of the Championship and just knocked Liverpool out of the COC since I signed Begovic, Huth and Shawcross after Stoke got relegated, along with Anthony Knockaert and Simone Zaza (bargain at 1.4m) who have been absolutely quality. Gary Jones has still got it at 37, and Mile Jedinak is quality. 

#7388 SamCFC

SamCFC

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Finished the second season with Valencia. Strengthened the squad with Callejon and Matic on loan, signing Pepe after his loan, and signing Iborra for 5m (Sevilla) and Morata for 9m to replace the ageing Jonas. Tom Ince (don't laugh, he was fucking brilliant) and Zuculini on frees. Sold 40m worth of shit too. What was becoming a mediocre one turned into a great one. The league was too much of a big ask for me, finished 3rd again, miles behind the top two and miles in front of 4th, it was the same from November onwards.

The cups were a different story. Strolled my way to the Spanish Cup final, no one really takes it seriously. Beating Levante (love it when your rivals are rubbish, win every time) and then Madrid in the final 4-2 :) Won the Champions League, seems like a miracle but when you get Celtic, Benfica and Monaco in the knockout rounds its pretty much a bye to the final :lol: Come up against Barcelona in the final, they'd already put 11 past me in the two league games this season so was expecting the same. Kept it at 0-0 til the 80th when they score a Messi free kick but I got a penalty in the 94th (when does that ever happen on FM?!?!) and Herrero tucked it away. Went into extra time, Otamendi gets sent off, they miss the penalty and hit the bar. Beat them on penalties in the end, 5-4, none of my players missed :)

Club has so much money now from all the sales and prize money, plus I got a bigger TV deal, balance of 120m but they won't pay off the final loan. Instead its little payments each month for 10 seasons, argh. Keep pumping money that I don't want into the budget.

Bernat is my new FM hero, amazing young attacking left back. Player of the season and didn't score a single goal.

Lampard-Mourinho.jpg

#7389 NotSoSpecialOne

NotSoSpecialOne

Ossim Possim

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts
  • Fav Players: Ronaldo, Ronaldino, Cahill, Ibra
  • Supports: Pottsville Beach Football Club

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

I got inspired by some accusations in the Super League match day thread, so I started working on a new formation that the 10 midfield players all play in the midfield strata. Glorious :D

“Arsene Wenger asked me to have a trial with Arsenal when I was 17. I turned it down. Zlatan doesn’t do auditions.” - Zlatan

#7390 Cameroon

Cameroon

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

First cup win with Brighton. Epic game against Tottenham in the Capital One cup final.

Went 3-0 up was looking easy, could have been 5 or 6, they get two back quite quickly through Eriksen and Benteke, then have a man sent off. 89th minute Benteke then scores another. We had all the chances in extra time, Ulloa the closest hitting the bar. Won on pens 5-4 after it went down to the last 2 penalties. Would have been fuming had we lost. Got them up next in the Europa League last 16 too.

#7391 el_sf-io

el_sf-io

The Paulie Walnuts of AFF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,592 posts
  • Supports: Preston

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

I still can't be assed getting the new one, played the demo and never got the urge to get it.

Might start a game with Villa this weekend, on whatever one i've got at the moment, either 12 or 13, not sure.

I've still got my Bishop's Stortford save too actually.

Edited by el_sf-io, 28 March 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#7392 el_sf-io

el_sf-io

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,592 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Started a game with Villa on FM12, currently 6th at the end of January but i've got a pretty hard run-in coming so might drop a few places.

Brought in a few players for next season who are being bedded in slightly this year. Signed: Thomas Rogne, Marco Verratti, Ivo Pekalski, Jelle Vossen, Lukas Marecek, Sam Magri & Tobias Figuredo.

Sold some overpaid shite too, such as; Richard Dunne, Emile Heskey and Stephen Ireland. Also sold Petrov to PSG, £4.5m was good money for a 32yr old.

Current team:

Given

Hutton, Cuellar, Rogne, Warnock

Jenas, Marecek, Delph

N'Zogbia

Bent, Agbonlahor

Rogne has been an inspired signing from Celtic and I fully expect Verratti and Pekalski to be playing week in, week out next season. Already on the hunt for a new keeper and left back to take over from Given & Warnock. Hutton is weirdly class on this FM and Jenas has been a solid loan signing from Spurs, Delph has been quality too.

#7393 Prince_Philippe_of_Albert

Prince_Philippe_of_Albert

Non-league

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  • Hero:Philippe Albert
  • Swish1892
  • Supports: Newcastle

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Not long since started a save with Peterborough - Britt Assombalonga is a beast!

33z68tj.jpg 2dqnkac.jpg

"The best day will come when someone buys it from him and runs Newcastle like that club should be run. The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley, I promise you that."

#7394 Cameroon

Cameroon

Premier League

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

A few pages ago someone was talking about Redmond. Managed to get him for £2m last season and he got about 15 goals and 15 assists in 40 games. He is absolutely quality on the game.

#7395 SamCFC

SamCFC

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

Does anyone have that one player, despite his average stats, that is an absolute beast? Mine is Michel Herrero for Valencia, plays behind the striker. Averaged at least 15 goals and assists in all of my 5 seasons as manager. One season he finished higher than Messi in the average rating list of the league. My assistant doesn't even rate him in the top 3 AM's in my squad...

Lampard-Mourinho.jpg

#7396 el_sf-io

el_sf-io

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,592 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Finished a healthy 6th with Villa winning the FA Cup in the process, beating Blackpool of all people in the final....think I beat QPR in the semis :huh:

Going strong this season too with my front three on absolute fire, qualified for the second round of the Europa League with a game to spare and progressing in the League Cup.

Summer incomings: Sinan Bolat (Standard Leige), Didac (AC Milan), Serge Aurier (Lens), Luc Castaignos (Inter, Loan), Tom Cairney (Hull), Dale Munro (Regen from Rangers)

Current team:

Sinan Bolat

Serge Aurier, Carlo Cuellar, Thomas Rogne, Didac

Lukas Marecek, Marco Verratti, Fabian Delph

Charles N'Zogbia

Darren Bent, Gabby Agbonlahor

Subs

Given, Hutton, Clark, Pekalski, Cairney, Castaignos, Vossen

Edited by el_sf-io, 08 April 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#7397 DarrenAmbrose

DarrenAmbrose

Real Fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts
  • dannyboy1807
  • dannyboy1916
  • Supports: Crystal Palace

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

i've been at Palace for 4 seasons now just into my 5th season signed over 100 players in that time lol spent about 20 million on 4 15 year olds in the summer.

Edited by DarrenAmbrose, 08 April 2014 - 01:27 PM.

"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."

dwight-gayle.gif?w=538     34etjyc.jpg

#7398 McFred

McFred

Did You Smash It?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Hero:Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
  • NonleadedOrc114
  • Fav Players: Peter Schmeichel, Harry Gregg, Paul Scholes, Jaap Stam, Eric Cantona

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

In December 2-15, Giggs is manager of United, Beckham is coaching at Dagenham, and Peter Schmeichel is managing Torquay...

#7399 SamCFC

SamCFC

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

Billy Davies just got sacked as United manager on mine :lol:

Properly love my Valencia file. About to win the league for the 2nd time in the 5th season. Won the CL once but have bombed out early every other season. Moved into the new stadium, 75k, mega money now, have 150m in bank too. Not really spending big money, bought a load of young regens in the first two seasons and they're all hitting 19/20 now and in the first team so I've got no reason to buy anyone. For some reason Spanish kids won't come to me, even from the small clubs so I'm buying youngsters from all over, plucked a Norwegian lad from the bottom team in Norway and he is like a little Xavi in the middle. And two CB's that are 18 and 19, and turning down bids of 25-30m already.

Also the Spain manager too, thought it'd be a stroll in the park but I'm winning every game by the skin of my teeth. Only just qualified for the next tournament with a last minute Isco wonder goal. I think having too many good players is a problem ha. Probably get the hook after it too...

Lampard-Mourinho.jpg

#7400 Storts

Storts

Premier League

• Admin
  • 13,623 posts
  • paxtonlad
  • Fav Players: Sandro
  • Supports: Tottenham

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Started an Atletico Madrid game, got to say the Spanish league is so tough to win.

Finished 3rd first and 2nd seasons although in the second season I won the Champions League, my only silverware so far.

I finished 2nd third season ahead of Barca which is improvement but a fair way off Real still. Not doing well in the Spanish cup either, always get knocked out by one of the big two.

I've started to spend some money too, although I have so many sellable assets and PSG offer me ridiculous money for them. Sold them Turan for £30 million, Romero for £40 million etc.

Think my team currently is:

Valdes

Montoya

Balanta 

Marquinhos

Bernat/Filipe

Koke

Wilshere/Goretzka

Henderson

Draxler/Januzaj

Costa

Morara/Volland