Dan The Fox

Reserve league

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Dan_Turner_93
  • Supports: Leicester

Posted Yesterday, 01:08 AM

This is a bit of a guess but: loan to cover the cash-flow of building the stadium, then receive (or start receiving) the sponsorship that will pay off half of it.

I recall an article about one of the top PL clubs extending their stadium or building a new one, and it said that compared to Man United they were losing out on a couple of million per match due to the difference in capacity. I don't know what the ticket prices are like in the Netherlands but, if you fill the new stadium, you could be looking at a good few hundred thousand extra per home game. That would pay off the other half in two to three seasons (depending on how many matches you have).

It's probably something along those lines. I can't work out how it could be anything else. I think it's a good move in the very long-term but you're looking at a good five or six years before you see any significant benefit I would guess, and I'm not sure I'll play that long. I could do though as I'm enjoying this save a fair bit and I can't see myself starting another game until 17 is out.

Don't really know what to make of next season. I can't see us bettering our 9th place from this season. I thought we were quite lucky to be that high and my plan of raising funds has been effectively ended by the board deciding to cut my allowance to 5% of any transfers, meaning if I sold Walid Tran (my best forward) for his £2.4mil release clause I would only see a pathetic £120k of that. I did buy him for less but it makes you question why I'm even bothering. Surely they can't keep it that low. It's damaging.

#9722 el_sf-io

el_sf-io

The Paulie Walnuts of AFF

• Community Staff
  • 14,479 posts
  • Fav Players: Sean Gregan, Ricardo Fuller, Youl Mawene, Graham Alexander
  • Supports: Preston

• Top Gaffer (2015)
    He's A False Nine (2015)
    Best Poster - Football League (2015)

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 AM

Started a cheat game in Italy for a laugh.

Started a game with Lupa Roma in Serie C/C with a dummy manager and created managers at the top 4 clubs to buy Lupa's first team for about £38m, giving them a transfer budget of over £20m.

I've holidayed until December so they've played half a season with youth players and have taken over with a new manager with them rock bottom and 10pts behind the team above.

The aim of the game is to keep them up and then try and storm my way to Serie A, no well-known players want to join though (Fitz Hall wanted £38k a week :lol: ) so i'm going to try and sign the best Serie C players I can in this window and reassess in the summer. Keeping them up won't be easy I don't think.

#9723 Dan The Fox

Dan The Fox

Reserve league

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Dan_Turner_93

Posted Today, 01:28 AM

I'm getting really concerned about the coming season. Not only did they give me a toss budget, they decided to give me 5% of any incoming transfer too. Utter negligence. I've sold one of my forwards for £1.4mil rising to £2mil and we've seen a pathetic £70k of that. What on earth am I meant to do with it? I brought in a forward from Morocco last summer for £78k and he is excellent but you can't expect that every single summer. We're dealing so dangerously here that we could very conceivably get relegated.

There's basically no way on earth we're going to progress this season. I'll be amazed if we better 9th place that we got last year.

We're relying a hell of a lot on loans this season. Even more than last year.

The plus for is that despite the offers, no-one has moaned about wanting to go, other than Boukaka to Derby but I don't think they'll come back in for him.

There is no need for them to pocket that much of the money. If this is a permanent plan of theirs then we truly are fucked.

I've worked out that it will take about ten years to pay off this new ground. The loan of £49mil will be paid off in £400k monthly instalments. If the whole plan was to find cheap players, sell them on for me to hardly get any of the money then the new ground is going to be a hindrance more than anything. We're just not going to ever progress barring a total miracle.

It's a real test of patience. I just hope my players don't leave.

#9724 Dan The Fox

Dan The Fox

Reserve league

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Dan_Turner_93

Posted Today, 02:08 AM

Tied my best forward down to a new three year contract. Release clause increased from £2.4mil to £3.6mil. Should fend off interest for this summer at least.

#9725 Winnie the Poo-ru

Winnie the Poo-ru

#FuerzaMaestroChale

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts
  • Hero:Guerriniesta
  • DrAnkleBreaker18
  • Fav Players: Raul Ruidiaz, Diego Guastavino, Guerriniesta
  • Supports: Swansea

• Like A New Signing (2015)
    Abstaining From Euro Football (2015)

Posted Today, 03:57 AM

Just had one of my best ever results on FM. I'm genuinely speechless.

b2972edca4cce84165b715407945d7a4.jpg

The other teams in my group are Bayern and Real Madrid.

• FC_Norwich and Dan The Fox like this
http://www.rafabenit...r&co=2255&cam=3

No ones getting near City, Arsenal aren't good enough. Neither are United.

#9726 Dan The Fox

Dan The Fox

Reserve league

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Dan_Turner_93

Posted Today, 01:11 PM

That's an amazing result. I remember going 3 up early on at Man City with Leicester once and thinking... this game is too easy. Ended 2-3 like that one and by the looks of things it took a very similar pattern.

I've just signed Abderrazak Hamedallah on a free. It's going to limit Tran's chances a bit but we've only got two forwards and he's comfortably good enough for an Ajax or PSV, the chance to sign someone like that on a free doesn't come up often.

#9727 Winnie the Poo-ru

Winnie the Poo-ru

#FuerzaMaestroChale

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts
  • DrAnkleBreaker18

Posted Today, 03:11 PM

I swear you've signed him on another FM save before. Was he the Morrocan?

#9728 Winnie the Poo-ru

Winnie the Poo-ru

#FuerzaMaestroChale

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts
  • DrAnkleBreaker18

Posted Today, 03:46 PM

Just won the league with Lillestrom and was given a 12 million budget. Great stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

"Looking at Austria on paper, I didn't think they were very good. Until I saw them, and I was very impressed. Lets not forget that they have David Alaba, who is a very versatile player."

Brian, 5th May 2016