MOAR MOAR POWAH

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • Hero:Mr Kipling
  • Fav Players: Hernandez, Park, Ole, Ron Fearon, Bibbo, RVP
  • Supports: Man Utd

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

Raped League One with Wrexham at the second attempt. Broke the record for points. 

Managed to pull off a massive coup of signing Memphis Depay on a free after release from PSV. Signed Conroy from Chelsea after two loans in a row. 

Got a forward line that could probably do a job in the Premier League with Kakuta, Depay, Qasmi (superstar baldy regen) and Coulthirst. 

Whats he like on the new one?

philLeotardo.gif

#8162 SamCFC

SamCFC

I like turtles

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,269 posts
  • Hero:Salomon Kalou
  • Fav Players: Samuelle Dalla Bona
  • Supports: Chelsea

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

I think he has high potential at the start. But by the point of me signing him in the 5th season after a strange career at PSV, he's just an average player. 

Just had my biggest win in yonks on FM. 9-1 against Port Vale in the League Cup. 

Posted Image

#8163 Drai

Drai

MOAR MOAR POWAH

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,622 posts
  • Hero:Mr Kipling
  • Fav Players: Hernandez, Park, Ole, Ron Fearon, Bibbo, RVP
  • Supports: Man Utd

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

Since putting the game on today its like the game is against me, when i came off yesterday i had a 2pt lead over Porto, im not 14pts behind them, i've lost literally every game.

philLeotardo.gif

#8164 el_sf-io

el_sf-io

The Paulie Walnuts of AFF

• Community Staff
  • 7,473 posts
  • Supports: Preston

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Won the BSP by 14pts and won the FA Trophy in the process. With the team I had, anything less would have been embarrassing.

Joan Angel Roman raped the league and won player of the year, 12 goals and 22 assists in 41 games. Noble & Baheng scored 50 between them and Lavery chipped in with 17 as well. Safe to say, a few rapings occurred including an 8-1 win.

Usual team was:

Elliot

Pilatos, Gimpel, Camano, Lafferty

Z. Thompson, Chambers

Lavery, Roman, Ward-Prowse

Noble

Elliot, El Abd, Pilatos and Lafferty have all returned to their loan clubs and I didn't renew Chambers' contract even though he played 40+ games for me.

So far, still without spending a penny on transfer fees i've brought in: Robert Milsom (Aberdeen), Alex Pursehouse (Kilmarnock), Jonathan Page (Motherwell) and a few Irish/ Welsh youngsters.

#8165 DH!

DH!

The Beautiful Game

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts
  • Supports: Blackpool

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

I think I'm creating something really quite special with Genk. I've strengthened well in the summer of 2016 and beat Anderlecht in the Super Cup which is my second piece of silverware with the club in my first year with them.

Summer 2016 transfers in:

• Lucas Digne from PSG - £3.4m

• Dries Mertens from Napoli - £2.2m

• Lamine Sane from Bordeaux - £750k

• Ruban Pardo from Real Sociedad - loan £50k per month

• Marvin Martin from Lille - loan £78k per month

• Raul Rusescu from Everton - loan £50k per month 

I signed Rusescu for Everton on this save before I came to Genk and he was outstanding. I've brought him to Genk and he's scored 6 goals in 2 games. That's alongside Jelle Vossen who has scored 4 in 6 and over the past few season has been amazing since I've taken over. 

I've not actually spent that much but the wages are quite high on a few of the players so I've had to adjust the budgets. I've made £15m in sales as well including £5m for a 29 year old Freddy Montero who was atrocious and John Ruddy for £4m. 

My squad now shapes up as - 

Goalkeeper

Thibaut Courtois

Kristof Van Hout

Defenders

Lucas Digne

John Stones

Daniele Rugani

Kalidou Koulibaliy 

Maxime Chanot 

Lamine Sane

Jacob Laursen 

Marco Motta

Sandy Walsh (youngster) 

Midfielders

Dries Mertens

Joel Campbell

Marvin Martin

Lerin Duarte

Luca Castiglia

Ruben Pardo

Axel Ngando

Julien Gorius 

Ouasim Bouy 

Strikers

Jelle Vossen

Raul Rusescu 

Siebe Schrijvers (awesome looking talent - only 19)

I need another striker before deadline day and I'll be set. I've drawn Barcelona again in the Champions League group stages along with Porto & Spartak Moscow (who knocked me out of the Europa League last season). Unbeaten in the league in the opening five games and only drawn one.

I've also been busy buying a lot of regens who look outrageously good and loaning them out around the world. Serge Campos is my pick of the bunch - he's a CM - he's out at Glabach where he's tearing it up.

I'd go as far as saying this is my favourite save ever (it will soon end when I get dumped out the CL & lose my grip on the top of the league).

Edited by DH!, 31 August 2014 - 08:10 PM.

#8166 Will

Will

Reserve league

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Hero:Neville Southall
  • Supports: Everton

Posted Yesterday, 06:29 AM

That's a nice looking squad DH!. Marvin Martin is a quality little player.

Just started my first game on my new laptop, all leagues in the UK and Ireland loaded. Started unemployed and just got my first job as manager of Finn Harps in League of Ireland First Division. Didn't realise during the interviewing phase but the season is already 16 games in and 6th out of 8, 15 points off the top. The expectations are to finish comfortably in mid-table.

Money is non-existent. For now my objectives are going to be to construct a stable first team squad whilst trying to somehow make some profit, as the current projections have us being in debt by the end of the season, and getting worse each season after that.

Usually I just try to force my tactics onto my teams, but this time around I'm going to evaluate what I have in the squad and build my tactics around the strengths and weaknesses. Usually I go for possession tactics with a lot of short passing etc, this time I'm going to go for directness and try to make the most of set pieces.

#8167 Will

Will

Reserve league

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:31 AM

My squad is laughably threadbare. I have never before managed a side were I have struggled to even get an 18 man squad together. At the minute it's definately about quantity over quality. All of my highest earners (£130 p/w) are reaching the end of their contracts and I cannot afford to renew any of them. The majority are already wanted by teams from the division above. The maximum wage I'll be offering is £100 per week to any new players and replacements. I've already negotiated some contract extensions with a few of the younger, more promising players. For the time being it's just about finishing this season without embarassing myself too much. So far one game played, away to Waterford United. Finished in a 2-2 draw, which surprised everyone including myself. We're 6th in the league, 6 points off 5th and 4 points ahead of 7th. I don't see us moving anywhere between now and the end of the season.

#8168 DH!

DH!

The Beautiful Game

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 AM

That's a nice looking squad DH!. Marvin Martin is a quality little player.

I only went for him because Joel Campbell got an injury which has ruled him out for 4 months. Martin has started amazingly though - 3 goals in 4 games.

I'm also trying to sort out my home grown quota by signing some big name Belgians. It was frustrating having to leave some good foreign players out the squad because I hadn't reached the quota. The signings of Courtois and Mertens has helped with that.

#8169 el_sf-io

el_sf-io

The Paulie Walnuts of AFF

• Community Staff
  • 7,473 posts
  • Supports: Preston

Posted Yesterday, 08:41 AM

Think my summer recruitment is done with AFC Leeds, although i might bring in another AM/ST for back-up.

Alex Pursehouse (Free), Jonathan Page (Free), Robert Milsom (Free), Rob Elliot (Loan), Bruno Pilatos (Loan), Robbie Cotton (Loan), Tamas Kadar (Loan).

Probable starting line-up:

Elliot

Pursehouse, Gimpel, Camano, Page

Thompson, Milsom

Lavery, Roman, Ward-Prowse

Noble

Subs

Cairns, Pilatos, Kadar, Taylor, Cotton, Forshaw, Baheng

Hoping to make it three league wins out of three.

#8170 Will

Will

Reserve league

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Football at this level is disgusting. Defending just doesn't exist. We've played 6; won 1 and drawn 5. In that time we've scored 13 and conceded 11. Just horrible to watch. A 2 goal lead means nothing. I have had a massive turnover of players already, releasing the majority of players with expiring contracts and replacing them with a shower of shite on cheap 2 year deals. I will have the same problem at the end of next season, if I'm still here. 6 league games left, and 1 in the FAI Cup. Finances are sliding slowly, made a loss of £3,000 since my arrival, knocking the balance down to just below £10,000.

#8171 DH!

DH!

The Beautiful Game

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,018 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:05 PM

Will you weren't wrong about Martin. He just got the league's player of the month award in his first month at the club. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users